Basic Installation Procedure: The goal of a proper installation is to have a properly positioned, wrinkle free windscreen installation. It's important to properly measure your fence and do a layout of the panels on paper so that you know where you are going to start and end each panel. DO NOT ATTEMPT INSTALLATION ON A WINDY DAY. Equipment Needed: 7" - 50lb zip ties, hog ring pliers and hog rings (optional), ladder (depending on height of fence)
- Layout entire panel and start by securing the top beginning edge with a zip tie to the fence. Secure the panel of windscreen at the proper height...typically, the bottom of the windscreen would be 6" off of the ground to allow air to pass and avoid damage from weed eaters.
- Secure the bottom starting edge with a zip ties as well; make sure the stating edge is straight. This helps keep the screen tight and wrinkle free.
- Use temporary S hooks to take vertical weight and load off the entire length of the screen.. Pull the slack out of each section.
- Secure the top edge of the screen with zip ties through ALL grommet holes, ensuring the screen is tight as you move down the length of the screen. Do NOT skip grommets.
- Go back and pull the vertical slack out of the windscreen vertically and attached the bottom grommets.
- If you want a more permanent installation; you can go back with a hog ring pliers and use steel hog rings to secure the windscreen.